Well, the team of Calvin and Raymon is still alive down here in Belize. We have been here for almost five days exactly. We have seen and experienced so much in those five days. We have met with dozens of potential partners in Belize city, Belmopan, and San Ignacio. We have been working very very hard and have been sweating more than we could have even imagined. After all of our hard work in Belize city and Belmopan, we have decided to station our team in San Ignacio. Here are some of our highlights so far:
1. The first night here we ate alligator. Tastes like chicken...no really, it does.
2. SUN BURNS!
3. Calvin's Belizean hair cut.
4. Climbing onto a bus through the emergency exit to "sneak" onto the bus so that we could get home to Belize city. Don't worry, we paid.
5. One day it rained...and it felt like heaven.
6. We have had many many amazing experiences with selfless and dedicated people in Belize who are trying to make a difference.
All in all, our experience has be wrought with kind people constantly rescuing us, trying not to get mugged in Belize city (yes...it is that bad), and hot hot hot hot HOT weather. And large lizards. Our first wave of volunteers comes on May 5th and we are very excited to pick them up so that we have friends here in our new country.